If you've ever wanted to keep track of what you've been listening to, the Winamp Community Update Project makes it really easy to do. Here's what I did to start logging song plays from my Winamp player.
A few assumptions, before you begin:
- You have MP3s
- You want to listen to those MP3s with Winamp on Windows
- You have a server that can receive a POST request and store song play data somewhere
With that out of the way, here's what you need to get started:
- Download/install Winamp from the Winamp Community Update Project
- Open Preferences (Options > Preferences)
- Under Playback > Play Tracking, click the HTTP(S) POST tab
Enable the option for "POST on playback start" and configure your endpoint similar to the below. The token ("t") param is just
used server-side to verify that requests are coming from a trusted source. I've configured my system to pass the params in the screenshot below,
but you can use any parameters available from WACUP's ATF documentation.